Here is this last week’s Angola Weekly.
• According to BNA, Net International Reserves (NIR) amounted to USD 11.3 billion (Bn) in January 2020, a yoy increase of USD 216 million (+1.9%);
• The Government auctioned domestic debt securities for the first time in 2020, with T-Bills placed at 91 and 364 days, in addition to Dollar Bonds at 2 and 3 years;
• ANPG signed a deal with the shareholders of Block 14 (Eni, Total, Chevron and Galp), to redefine the development area of the block;
• The foundation stone of Lifua-A, the first oil platform in Angolan territory, was laid;
• In international markets, the beginning of last week was marked by an improvement in expectations in view of the evolution of COVID-19, which were reversed during the last days;
• In the foreign exchange market, the Kwanza appreciated again last week, around 0.36% against the Dollar, now trading at USD/AOA 493; the appreciation was 0.8% against the Euro;